How to Block Light from the Sides of your Blinds
Are you losing sleep because of light coming through the gap in your blinds? Light leaking through the narrow space at the edge of your blinds is a common problem, and it can be very frustrating. Unfortunately our bodies are programmed to respond to light, so just the smallest amount will send signals to our brain and we will wake up. This can make life difficult, especially in summer when the days are longer. The main cause is that the blinds aren’t correctly sized and don’t fit the window properly. Luckily, there are ways to solve this, even if your blinds are already in place.
1.) Light blockers:
These are L-shaped pieces of plastic that stick to the window frame in front of or behind your blind. They only work with blackout blinds, or ones that have blackout liner.
Layering curtains over a blind is very effective for blocking out light, and it will look quite stylish. You can have them hanging at the edges, blocking the light gap, or you can close them completely over the top for ultimate darkness. This solution may be costly because you have to purchase extra items.
Wooden shutters completely block out light and noise, and make your space very private. They also have an old fashioned, classic look. However, that does mean you would have to buy new shutters, which are more expensive than blinds. Also, you can’t partially open them like you can with blinds.
4.) Outside mount installation:
This type of blind covers the whole window. It is fitted to the outside of the window recess, and overlaps the edges of your window for more coverage. However it isn’t really an aesthetic solution, as you are covering up your nice window frame.
Why don’t you choose Perfect Fit blinds?
- They are made-to-measure units which fit to every size and shape of window. Brackets slide into place between the rubber and the window frame and then you can clip your blind into place.
- Perfect Fit blinds fit snugly against the frame, so all of your window is covered, and there are no light gaps.
- No drilling or screwing is required, which is perfect for people who are renting.
- Perfect for conservatories or bedrooms, because of the block-out effect.
- They can be installed in only a few minutes.
- These blinds are child safe, because they have no cables or cords.
- The blinds give any room a cleaner look, as they have a simple, minimalist effect.
- They can easily be removed for cleaning.
- It works with a variety of styles, such as roller, Venetian, and pleated blinds.
- You can open your window without having to roll up the blinds.
Perfect Fit blinds are the ideal solution for anyone looking for an uninterrupted night’s sleep. At Humberside Sunblinds we offer free fitting, advice, home visits and quotations for installing your Perfect Fit blinds. Formed in 1978, our family-run business is the leading blind supplier and installer in Lincolnshire. Contact our friendly team to find out more.