The Best Type of Blinds for Each Room in the House
Blinds are a fantastic choice of window covering for your home; however, the same style may not be appropriate for every room. Consider factors such as the direction of sunlight, privacy needs, and the overall decor of the room when deciding which style to opt for. Read on to discover the best type of blinds for each room in the house.
The best type of blinds for each room in the house should start with the living room. Perhaps the most important room of the home, the living room requires blinds that don’t just offer fantastic light and privacy control but that are visually pleasing too. After all, this a room in which you will likely spend much of your time, so it’s essential that the blinds you choose bring style and elegance to the space.
- Roman blinds. A popular choice of blinds for living rooms, Roman blinds add a real touch of sophistication. They can be customised to suit your tastes and match your décor. These blinds also offer good light control and privacy.
- Venetian blinds. Another stylish choice, Venetian blinds can bring a touch of modern elegance to a living room. Venetian blinds come in various materials, with aluminium and wood being two of the most common options. These lights offer precise light control thanks to their easily adjustable louvres.
Bedroom blinds should have specific qualities that contribute to creating a comfortable environment that promotes relaxation and sleep. Whilst they should suit your personal style preferences, they should also offer excellent light and privacy control.
- Blackout roller blinds. These blinds are perfect for bedrooms since they block out incoming light, helping to create a dark space for sleeping. This is ideal if you work shifts and need to sleep during the day or you’re tired of the light from streetlights streaming through your window. Blackout roller blinds offer a high level of privacy which is required in bedrooms.
- Vertical Blinds. Vertical blinds can be a good choice for bedrooms. They are easy to adjust to your preferred angle, ensuring they offer great privacy and light control.
Blinds in the kitchen need to be durable and easy to clean. Not only are kitchens high-moisture environments but they are constantly exposed to cooking splatters and grease, which can quickly leave blinds looking worse for wear.
- Faux wood blinds. These blinds have quickly become one of the most popular options for kitchens. As well as being durable and able to withstand moisture and humidity, they are also easy to clean. Faux wood blinds possess the beauty and charm of real wood blinds but are far easier to maintain.
- Roller blinds. Roller blinds have long been a popular choice for kitchens, particularly when they’re made from durable, easy-to-clean materials. Vinyl or PVC roller blinds can be wiped clean with a damp cloth, making keeping them looking their best an effortless task.
Bathroom blinds should be able to withstand the unique conditions of a bathroom, such as high humidity and moisture, whilst providing privacy and style.
- PVC or aluminium Venetian blinds. These materials can resist moisture, making them a practical choice for bathrooms. They also enable you to control light, allowing it to filter through whilst still maintaining your privacy.
- Roller blinds. Roller blinds have some key qualities that make them a good choice for the bathroom. As well as providing effective privacy control in the room where it’s needed the most, they are also easy to maintain. Many roller blinds are made from moisture-resistant materials, which is ideal for a bathroom environment.
With more and more people working remotely, it’s no surprise that blinds for home offices are in high demand. Office blinds not only need to look professional but they should be energy efficient in order to keep the room warm and provide good light control so that glare on computers can be reduced.
- Duette/honeycomb blinds. Duette or honeycomb blinds have a unique cellular design that traps air in the cells, providing excellent insulation. This insulation can help regulate the temperature in your home office, keeping it comfortable year-round and potentially reducing heating and cooling costs. Additionally, their louvres are easily adjustable, allowing you to control the amount of light that can enter the room.
- Venetian blinds. Venetian blinds are a classic choice for home offices. They feature horizontal slats that can be tilted to control the amount of natural light entering the room. They provide privacy while allowing for adjustable lighting conditions.
- Roman blinds. Roman blinds have a soft and elegant appearance that can greatly enhance the aesthetics of a home office. They can be raised or lowered to control light and provide privacy.
Blinds for children’s rooms should prioritise safety, durability, and functionality while also being aesthetically appealing. Here are some of the best types of blinds for children’s rooms.
- Roller blinds. The versatility of roller blinds makes them a good choice for children’s bedrooms. They come in all sorts of fun and child-friendly designs and patterns that can add a real playful element to the room. Blackout roller blinds are also popular for children’s bedrooms since they create a dark and quiet environment that promotes sleep.
- Roman blinds. Roman blinds provide an elegant and timeless look to children’s rooms. At the same time, it’s possible to add vibrant and colourful prints to bring a sense of fun to the space. For a unique touch, consider personalised Roman blinds with images of your child’s favourite animals or hobbies.
Now you know the best type of blinds for each room in the house, you may be looking to place an order. For made to measure blinds in Cleethorpes, look no further than Humberside Sunblinds. We supply blinds for all rooms of the home, made to the highest standards from premium materials. Call us on 01469 664 017 to discuss your requirements with one of our blinds specialists. Alternatively, send a message via the contact form on our website and we will get back to you as soon as we can.